Aloha Cookies




The first time I made these cookies was when my boss brought me a bag of macadamia nuts back from Hawaii.   I was renting a room in a house across the street from a family with a little girl.  She and I made these cookies from the ingredients I had on hand in my kitchen at the time.  Typically, white chocolate with macadamia nuts.  I’m not a really big fan of white chocolate, so I love using the regular semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Since then, I’ve made them over and over again.   They are addictive.

  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup  (two sticks) salted butter softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups of white flour
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
  • 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (roughly 2 cups)
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts 
Cream butter and sugar together.  Add vanilla and eggs.  Add flour and baking soda.  Add remainder of ingredients.  Bake cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes.  I like mine slightly underdone. 

Comments

Popular Posts